Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm not a Morning person

Husband wakes up at 5:30am every morning, to get ready to go to work at 7:00am; although we live right on the campus. He's such a morning person. He wakes up, eats breakfast, reads a bit, checks email, plays with our 2 monkees, and gets ready for work. Me on the other hand, I roll around in bed until 7:15am, brush my teeth & get ready, I fly out of the door at 7:45am drive to the LIRR and take the train down into NYC to get to work by 8:40am.

During that time when Husband is up and about and I'm still knocked out in dreamland he'll come into the bedroom and bother me. Well, I know he doesn't mean though. He'll come in sit on the bed, drink his coffee next to me, poke me on my nose, hug me, kiss me on my nose, start talking to me, toss the monkees up on the bed so they will roll all over me and sniff my face. And of course ask me about 10x if he's bothering me. All the while I'm half asleep answering his questions & talking to him.

And at times when I am asleep and very tired I'm thinking ArRrRgh... leave me alone! I think about it later and I feel so lucky that he cares about me and wants to spend as much time as possible with me before be leaves for work. I think I'll start waking up early just so I can spend time with him also. :)

3 comments:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Heheheheh! I could never bring myself to get up earlier for any reason. My husband and children live in fear of my morning wrath. :)

Cassandra Jupiter said...

BTW, what are "monkees"?

Anonymous said...

Oho yea that's too cute wa :P Halfway in your post I was thinking she is so lucky to have such a good teeruk na, good thing we were on the same wavelength ;) - Pam