Monday, February 4, 2008

That's What Friends Are For....

... in good times and bad times, I'll be on your side forever morreeeeeee ... okay, well not forever, but sometimes, kinda sorta.

Ever since earlier this holiday season (yeah, yeah, I know it's Feb 2008 already, but I mean since like, November 2007) I've been thinking about the friendships that I currently have, friendships that I have been in that are now for one reason or another have drifted away. I remember growing up I had two really close girlfriends of whom I thought we'd never stop being friends; but now it seems we've drifted. The direction they have taken in their lives are very different than mine. Not to say that they've taken a bad direction or anything because they haven't. But I guess we're at different stages in life than we once were. And although we do talk once in a long while. You know things will never be the same.

Another friend and I had a misunderstanding which lead to our falling out sometime in highschool. (As a matter of fact I've forgotten why we stopped being friends) I've always thought about her and wondered how she was doing. But always felt like it'd be too awkward to call her. About 2 years ago I mustered up the confidence to call her on her Birthday to wish her a happy birthday. I figured, "Hey what can I lose?" The worst that could happen is having her pick up the phone & say, "Eff you Skank! I don't need no Birfday wish from you!!" (Okay, I knew she wasn't going to say that, but really what's the worse that could happen?) When I called she picked up the phone and I think she was surprised to hear from me. but I think it was a pleasant surprise. And athough we didn't talk much in that 1st call I felt as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I opened up the door. Much to my surprise two months later she called me on MY Birthday to wish me a happy birthday. I couldn't believe she remembered. Well, the rest is history from then on, I went to her wedding and was so happy to be a part of something so wonderful in her life, and sure enough she was there for mine. And athough I don't see her as often we do talk every week. I'm sure we'll have plenty of more memories to make together to make up for lost time and thensome more.

My other friend has always been like a big sister to me. We grew up together since she lived upstairs from me when I was in 4th grade till about hrmm.. maybe 7th grade? She would always pull on my pigtails, tease me, berate me & make me cry; but of course I was the tattle that always got her in trouble. (If you're reading this I call it even okay?! LOL) I moved away afterwards went onto highschool & college and it seems our paths have never crossed since then. We reconnected about a year ago and we get along so well it's almost ridiculous. In one of our conversations we even said, "Why the hell didn't we find each other earlier?" And we even surprise our husbands too, whose reactions are like "Who's _____? You've never even spoken about her before. Since when were you friends with ______?" And of course our response was, "Since when didn't I know _____? I've known her forever."

These are just 3 examples of the friendships I have/had. And if you are my friend and are reading this and my post wasn't about our friendship doesn't mean that I don't treasue our friendship. I don't think I have enough webspace to write about all of my friends. So whether you are currently my friend, have once been my friend; I sincerely do treasure having you in my life. Having good friends does make life worthwhile. I dedicate this song to all of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
หนึ่งในไม่กี่คน - Beau Sunita

ไม่กี่คนที่จะเคียงข้างกัน ไม่กี่คนที่จะคอยร่วมทุกข์ใจ
และไม่ทิ้งฉันไว้ลำพัง ไม่ว่าเจอเรื่องร้ายใด ๆ ก็พร้อมเดินไปกับฉัน
ไม่กี่คนที่จะรักฉันจริง ทำให้ยิ้มในชั่วโมงที่เหงาใจ...
ในชีวิตที่ล่วงเลยมา ไม่กี่คนที่ฉันไว้ใจ
ให้กุมมือ อยากฝากชีวิต

* และหนึ่งในนั้น...ก็คือเธอคนดี
ที่ฉันนั้นโชคดี ที่เราได้พบกัน
จากหนึ่งในร้อย... หนึ่งจากในล้าน
ได้มาร่วมทางเดิน ให้หนึ่งใจฉันได้เจอกับรักดีๆ

ไม่กี่คนที่จะคอยหวังดี มีแค่เพียงไม่กี่คนให้เชื่อใจ
ในชีวิตที่ล่วงเลยมา ไม่กี่คนที่ฉันให้ใจ
แค่บางคนที่อยากบอกรัก
(ซ้ำ *)
(ซ้ำ *)
อยากบอกว่าฉัน...รักเธออีกครั้ง...คนดี...

Listen to the song here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

I couldn't figure out how to get the dang song to play. Need idiot's guide. :)
Liked this post because I can relate. Must be a girl thing because hubby doesn't seem to have dramas or falling outs and such.

Azryelle Asterius said...

To listen to the song, once you open the link, click on the green "click to play" button in the yellow box on top left. I think a few people had this problem.